People Just as Crazy as Me

Monday, January 5, 2015

First Post of 2015

Hello Friends, 2 weeks (or so) has gone by since we last chatted... Holidays were great, New Years too - I hope Santa was good to all of you, I know he was good to me! I also hope your days were surrounded with those you love, and that you made many happy memories.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m00alro7mx1qhszqro1_500.gifSo, January 2015 - I don't know about you, but, January seems like a very reflective month for me. Well, I guess for most people... you know, all those resolutions you are reading here, there, on FB, on Twitter.... People seem to take this month to look in and try to improve aspects of themselves. I try to do this not only in January, but as the year goes on. A major philosophy in my life is to always MOVE FORWARD. Whether it be physically, emotionally, mentally, financially, and/or spiritually. Just keep moving forward, like Dory.

So, I figured for the first post of 2015, I should really share some of my goals for this year. I imagine that this list will be broadened as the year continues.

I call these goals - because the term RESOLUTION: never seems to be followed through with. Goals, are a term I associate with Tasks, like a MAJOR TO DO LIST. Make sense? I hope so.

7 (current) GOALS for 2015:
  1. Run the half marathon on May 3, 2015 at goal pace (10 min/miles)
  2. Read 1 book every month, start by finally finishing the one I started in August (don't judge)
  3. Get my head back into the game and train. (IE: workout, martial arts, run, etc.)
  4. Take at least 1 yoga (or meditation) class a month.
  5. Love myself - inside and out - unconditionally - regardless of negative (and temporary) attributes.
  6. Spend more time letting my son see the fun side of me.
  7. Get my shit together with this blog - Pre-Plan/Write posts, have topics, yada yada. 
 
  Notice how none of these goals were about FOOD or EATING. I have vowed not to obsess so much about what I eat, but to make constant steps to eat better as often as I can. Does this mean that I won't share recipes or pictures of yummy food? No - I will still continue to do that, but, in a more balanced way. As women, and as a culture - we obsess to much about what we (and others around us) are eating.
 I will not contribute to FOOD SHAMING any longer. #endfoodshamingin2015: I will be adding that hashtag into all of my instgram food posts. I think that we, as a culture, as women, judge too much on what we eat. Whether it's healthy or not. It becomes "What are you eating?" to "What is our value". It makes us shame who we are based on one aspect. I will no longer do this, I will enjoy all things that I eat - - - no matter their nutritional content.

This week - Look for the following posts:

  • Recap of my first week of using the Hanson's Method for my Half Marathon Training (Probably Wednesday)
  • I want to introduce you to our new dog, "Alaska", who I am starting to call "Moose".
    (Tomorrow!)
  • Thursdays are still sort of up in the air - But, I think I want to dedicate this week to brainstorming ideas for showing Emry my Fun side.
  •  Fridays will always be my Friday Favorites! Check out this week, I want to share with you my Favorite Christmas Presents I received this year!
There you have it friends! The first posts is coming to a close - I leave you with the following 2015 funny:

 http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/MjAxMi05OTZlYzVkNGI0YWI1Y2Rl.png

7 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE this #endfoodshamingin2015 ! Great goals! Annndd NEW DOG!?!? yay can't wait for tomorrow!

    Also I'm really working on #7. We can do this! haha! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ that ecard!!! So awesome!!! I am focusing on getting my shit together right now as well. Oops!

    I saw a picture of your dog on Insta....cant wait to hear more! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need to get my blog back up and running how it used to be! The holidays and moving into the house really made me ignore it. Oops! My Goodreads goal of reading 50 books this year is all set too! :D Yay for 2015 goals! Haha. And tooootally not judging on the book you started in August...I have one I've been reading on and off since May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been a calorie counter or watcher of who eats what when. I say enjoy everything in moderation, and when you overdo it, get over it and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's great you are not focusing on food. Have you read the book Intuitive Eating? You'd probably really like it. It literally changed my whole relationship with food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great goals. The half marathon will be a good challenge. I think life has to include some cheat meals every so often. I don't agree with food shaming, everyone has different goals and metabolisms. We should all find our own balance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha I totally used the same ecard in my post this week - it's just too perfect!

    ReplyDelete