So, January 2015 - I don't know about you, but, January seems like a very reflective month for me. Well, I guess for most people... you know, all those resolutions you are reading here, there, on FB, on Twitter.... People seem to take this month to look in and try to improve aspects of themselves. I try to do this not only in January, but as the year goes on. A major philosophy in my life is to always MOVE FORWARD. Whether it be physically, emotionally, mentally, financially, and/or spiritually. Just keep moving forward, like Dory.
So, I figured for the first post of 2015, I should really share some of my goals for this year. I imagine that this list will be broadened as the year continues.
I call these goals - because the term RESOLUTION: never seems to be followed through with. Goals, are a term I associate with Tasks, like a MAJOR TO DO LIST. Make sense? I hope so.
7 (current) GOALS for 2015:
- Run the half marathon on May 3, 2015 at goal pace (10 min/miles)
- Read 1 book every month, start by finally finishing the one I started in August (don't judge)
- Get my head back into the game and train. (IE: workout, martial arts, run, etc.)
- Take at least 1 yoga (or meditation) class a month.
- Love myself - inside and out - unconditionally - regardless of negative (and temporary) attributes.
- Spend more time letting my son see the fun side of me.
- Get my shit together with this blog - Pre-Plan/Write posts, have topics, yada yada.
Notice how none of these goals were about FOOD or EATING. I have vowed not to obsess so much about what I eat, but to make constant steps to eat better as often as I can. Does this mean that I won't share recipes or pictures of yummy food? No - I will still continue to do that, but, in a more balanced way. As women, and as a culture - we obsess to much about what we (and others around us) are eating.
I will not contribute to FOOD SHAMING any longer. #endfoodshamingin2015: I will be adding that hashtag into all of my instgram food posts. I think that we, as a culture, as women, judge too much on what we eat. Whether it's healthy or not. It becomes "What are you eating?" to "What is our value". It makes us shame who we are based on one aspect. I will no longer do this, I will enjoy all things that I eat - - - no matter their nutritional content.
This week - Look for the following posts:
- Recap of my first week of using the Hanson's Method for my Half Marathon Training (Probably Wednesday)
- I want to introduce you to our new dog, "Alaska", who I am starting to call "Moose".
- Thursdays are still sort of up in the air - But, I think I want to dedicate this week to brainstorming ideas for showing Emry my Fun side.
- Fridays will always be my Friday Favorites! Check out this week, I want to share with you my Favorite Christmas Presents I received this year!