People Just as Crazy as Me

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

#HashtagHumpday Linkup (1/7/15)

It's time for the #HASHTAGHUMPDAY LINKUP!!!!!!!! Lauren and Laura are going into their seventh week of #HashtagHumpDay !!!!! The rules are so simple and let's put it this way: #gottoloveit


 

#Hashtaghumpday @ Genuinely Lauren
 
I use this day for confessions, and maybe even a couple of rants...
So here we go #areyoureadyforthis
 
Let me put it this way, we all wanted a dog - I just wanted a certain breed, that's why we have Alaska the Moose - And, I love her, there is no doubt about it. However, 4:15am, it is COLD outside. That is the time I wake my butt up, and take her on a lengthy walk. Why so early? Because I want to get to the gym by 5:30a - and get done, home and on the road to work no later than 7:20a. #iknowisoundcrazy ANYWHOOOO - So, this morning, the thermostat read 9 degrees. IT was 9 DEGREES this morning, and with the wind, it felt much colder. #frozeninsideandout Well, Moose just loves it, wagging her tail, letting the cool wind hit her in the face, she even laid down for a minute on the snow in our backyard. The whole time I was thinking #isthiswhathypothermiafeelslike

http://33.media.tumblr.com/a601781a9e0b352c3430b73656475fed/tumblr_n9s9vgLHIZ1smcbm7o1_500.gif

Today, is my weekly rest/off day from the training plan. I can tell you, that after my artic walk with our pup - I made a grocery list for tonight's shopping, and then - I took the warmest, longest bath ever. #wishihadbubbles It was SO nice. I was able to leisurely get dressed, do my hair and makeup - stretch out my sore muscles from last nights 2 hours of martial arts #soremusclesaretheworst I had packed my lunch and everything I needed to bring to work, so there was no kitchen scrambling to do - - however, I was a little too leisurely - - - I came up the stairs, #likeaboss , and saw it was almost 7:30a - EEEEK... flew into the car - - but, I still look like a #supermodel today. #notreally #agirlcandream

http://superselected.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/tumblr_mtqzjoD3h61rcxnn3o1_400.gif

I am feeling really wonderful this week, like I am really hitting my stride. #nopunintended I guess the time I spent away from my schedule, that my husband calls #thechubbyweeks , was all for the best. I have felt very relaxed, and now that I have vowed to #endfoodshamingin2015 , I am no longer feeling paranoid, scared, or self conscious about packing my food for work, OR what I am eating when I am home. Over the past couple of days I have been documenting my lunches at work, using the hashtag: #endfoodshamingin2015 - and I hope that you guys can do the same - I think it's a wonderful idea. As women, as a culture - we need to stop focusing on EXACTLY what is going in our mouths - stop linking the nutritional value of a meal to your personal value and worth. SO, next time you eat something that you think is DELICIOUS, no matter what it is - take a foodie pic for instagram - use the hashtag - Let's see if we can make this a movement! #callmeafoodieactivist  
 

http://asset-8.soup.io/asset/6275/8922_81f2.gif
 
Happy Wednesday Friends!
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I love having a yard and small dogs who don't need a lot of exercise on days with temps like that. God bless your moose and you for getting out there with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for no shaming! No one deserves to beat themselves up over anything!

    And it is even cold down here in the deep south today, so I feel ya! Having a fenced in back yard so that I dont have to take the dogs out myself is the best thing we have ever done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl you are SUCH a good dog mom! My dogs just don't get their long walks when it's that cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I walked Seamus and I couldn't feel my fingers for 15 minutes. It is getting too cold for walks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if I could take my dogs for a walk when it is that cold... I would honestly go outside then go right back inside ha ha! I love the no shame food movement you are doing! It is so important for us to be comfortable with our food choices -- healthy or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one lucky pup that you go out in that kind of temp! I take my dog out for a few Frisbee tosses in the morning and that's all he gets. I will have to check out this ending food shaming business and join in! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete