People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Recipe - Vegetable and Turkey Stew

So, before Christmas, oh heck - - - After the wedding, I stopped really preparing lots of BULK family meals. I usually would prepare one or two things a week, that we would eat off of for our lunches and dinners. It's not that I wasn't cooking, I just wasn't bulk meal prepping. Call it lazy, call it being completely off track... Call it, I was enjoying eating take out as much as possible!!!! I mean, who doesn't love their meals being prepared for them and also delivered in containers that can be discarded?

But that wasn't a good plan - - - financially. **SIGHS**

Last weekend, I decided to get back on the bulk prep meal wagon, and I made a BIG OL' POT-O-STEW!

It has been really cold, and there is nothing better than a bowl of stew or soup on a day that is cold as ice!



See, what had happened was, I really didn't plan on making this soup - not really. I went through my cupboards, our pantry and came up with these ingredients. I always seem to have canned pumpkin puree and sweet potatoes on hand. The only reason I had the butternut squash was that it looked really good when I was grocery shopping last week.

Now, most of you are looking at this and thinking that I didn't say what spices I used. I really think that the way we season food is a personal choice. What I use in my stew, may not be what you would like in yours. But, in case you are curious:

The Ground Turkey was seasoned with Smoked Paprika, Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder.
The Stew was seasoned with Creole Seasoning, Chipotle Chili Pepper, and I threw in a sprig of fresh Rosemary, which I removed before adding the browned meat.

If you use different seasonings - let me know! I would love a flavor variation!

This was Monday and Wednesday's lunch and Tuesday's dinner! The massive Tuperware container is quickly emptying. Which makes me really sad.

I hope that whatever I come up with for next weeks meal is JUST as TASTY!



 
Just Life: Take Two



3 comments:

  1. Looks good! I have a hard time with recipes because I believe seasoning is personal also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love a good soup recipe! Never can get enough of them, especially in the winter months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm That sounds delish! I love making soups and stews in bulk and freezing leftovers for following days.

    ReplyDelete