People Just as Crazy as Me

Monday, January 12, 2015

Weekend Recap (1-12)

Here I am again! It's a Monday Morning - and I'm here, at work. Which is better than I did on Friday - not being at work at all. I swear the roads were treacherous, even though by noon they were fine. I think it all comes down to the DOT... if they aren't on top of it, everything else goes to poop.

I wanted to recap my weekend, which was kind of boring - - but, I promise to add a  cute puppy picture!

Friday Night -
I spent Friday night with a GIGANTIC glass of wine, and the first disc of Gilmore Girls Season 1. There is no better way to spend an evening. I swear to you. Haha! On Friday night, Klay cooked an amazing meal - he only cooks once in a while, and to be honest - the last time he cooked was 4 years ago. Seriously, when we were dating. He isn't a bad cook. He actually is pretty good! For dinner on Friday night he made Baked Chicken breasts topped with Shredded Cheddar, Smashed Red Potatoes and Steamed Green Beans. Everything was epic delicious. And it was so nice that I didn't have to cook! SCORE!!!!!

Saturday -
http://s3-media2.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/PqVQSCLqtsJJbNyF4BfduQ/348s.jpgI got up early, and walked our Moose, and after that I proceeded to get my butt to the gym and get some scheduled miles in. The rest of the day was spent doing this and that - nothing of real note. I made Vegetable and Turkey stew for the week (Recipe to come later). But, we did go out to dinner! There is this amazing place called Soho Bar and Grill - and it was literally the only restaurant that didn't have a wait. We started with Mussels in Green Sauce and Klay (being an anti-seafood guy) got there cheesey pretzel bites. The pretzel bites came with this chipotle aoili, that was fantabulous. For dinner, I had 1/2 of a Pastrami Burger Bomb (Think reuben - with a burger patty). Now this was soooo good, but why only half? Well, my dad and I kind of wanted the same two things - so we split our meals. HAHAHA! He got this amazing Vegetable Curry Stir Fry - and that was SO STINKING AMAZING! Pictures of the food? Oh no, I was too busy loving every single bite!!! We watched the Patriots Game - on their projector screen. Had an amazing time, and went home SUPER FULL!

Sunday -
Sunday, I woke up early to do Moose Duty - And then I had to clean the kitchen, and quickly re-clean the house, because Emry's Grandmother was coming over. She came over around noon, with Emry's Aunt, and his little cousin. - The boys played, the grownups talked. She has recently moved closer to us, and while that is wonderful, she also alerted me that my ex is moving in with her. So, that makes going to her house and spending time difficult. **SIGHS**
But other than that we all had a nice time. After they left, we had to run to the petfood stores to try and find a LARGER bag of dog food for the moose. 15lbs of dog food lasted a week, which I knew, but, I was hoping to be able to find a 50lb bag of the same food. No such luck, had to settle with a 30lb bag - which should be 2 weeks of food - - fingers crossed. While we were out we picked up a better nail clipper for Alaska, a bright orange harness for when we go hiking, and a nice comfy dog bed. Which she refuses to lay on! But, well, maybe in time, otherwise, it will become a great pillow to lay on by the fire! See positives all around.
When we got home, I made a Taco bar for dinner, and we watched Transcendence together as a family.

And that was our weekend! As I said, It was pretty boring. But, it was just perfect.


This week keep coming back for these posts!

Tuesday
The official #endfoodshamingin2015 post! Hopefully with a schnazy button!

Wednesday
#HashtagHumpday Post, Where I'll recap my 2nd week of the Hansons Method, and other rants!

Thursday
I will be sharing with you this weeks Vegetable and Turkey Stew Recipe! Don't miss it!

Friday
Friday Faves - This week, I'm going to be sharing my Favorite Recipes with you!

7 comments:

  1. I love love love aioli. I make it at home sometimes but definitely will order things specifically because they have it.

    Veggie & turkey stew sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your dinner on Saturday night sounds amazing!!! Didn't sound boring at all - sounding like a relaxing and fun weekend to me! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pastrami Burger Bomb?!?!? Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love a good aioli! And that burger you had sounds fabulous! mmmmm I want something amazing right now damnit! I am going to go try a new place with two bloggers on Wednesday night and plan to eat something delicious. Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 15lbs of food a week!?!
    That is one big.. Moose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Gilmore Girls and having watched that show in so long! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The the taco bar, my favorite! Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete