People Just as Crazy as Me

Monday, March 30, 2015

Commuting Stinks - Check Check Check - Spring Break: Adult Style

http://i.imgur.com/nZLFarX.gifSO - Getting to work on time today - Totally didn't happen. I hit not 1, not 2, but 3 accidents on my way to work today. And do you want to know whyyyyyyy???? Because Mother Nature decided to pay us an early April Fools' Joke. It snowed this morning. Yes, you read that correctly, at 5am this morning, the skies opened up and snow hit the ground. This made the roads slick (duhhhh) and people decided they could still SPEEEEEEEEEEED. The first accident, knocked out the power in my house, so here I am finishing up my hair, with the hot waver on - DARKNESS - at least it was mostly done. Ugh. 2nd accident happened 5 minutes into my commute, and lasted for 45 minutes. I break free of that, determined to make it to work on time, if I avoid all other cars, I could do this. Nope, WHAM - another accident. This one kept me in traffic for another 45 minutes. So, once I broke free of that it was already 9am. And I flew to get to work at 9:15am. SO - yes... I have a case of the Mondays.

https://missunderstoodgenius.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/mondaybreakup.jpg

This weekend went really quickly. Did I do everything I set out to do? Well, yes, and no.
Oil change: Check!
Get Hair did: Check! 
Emry's Playdate: Check!
Going out with Husband: Check!
Lissa's Wedding Crafting: Check!
All other Lissa planned Activities: Postponed
Clean House: Check!
Prepare Meals: Check!
Exercise: Nope Nope Nope.

So overall - I did pretty good this weekend. And, I need to note that last week, I worked out M-F, and today I went back and started the week out strong. I was also able to maintain the weight I had lost last week, throughout the weekend (give or take 0.2lbs: but does that really count?) and I think that is really amazing.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljd4ufMzqN1qixleeo1_400.gifThis is a short work week for me, and cannot wait for the 3 day weekend. God bless Good Friday - - - quite literally, actually.  However, in the next 2 days I need to finish a lot of work, so that when I leave the office on Thursday, I can do the well deserved back flips of Joy.

Emry is also on Spring Break, so he is at camp all week, and that means there will be no homework to deal with allllllllll week. And that, my friends, is epic. He'll get a break, I'll get a break - We'll be able to take our time before going to TKD and HKD in the evenings. Blissful. Absolutely blissful.

http://img.pandawhale.com/159190-I-cant-adult-today-please-dont-qB2n.jpegWhich brings me to this thought of the day - I never did the huge spring break party thing. Ever. Not once. And, I don't know if that makes me sad or not. It just occurred to me that I am excited for Emry's Spring Break because it means relief of a normally hectic weekday schedule. Wow - alert the media - I am old and boring. Slap an "A" on my chest - not for Adultery - - - but for Adult.
I am so not ready to Adult!

But, that is me - and I can't wait to catch up with the rest of you.

Happy Monday!


6 comments:

  1. I did the spring break thing once our senior year of college (And UA got two spring breaks technically - Feb and Late March/April). BatGirl, MsBix and another friend of ours got in the car and went to Daytona for like 5 days. It was just a really nice break from our fricken awful last semester.

    All the rest of them, I worked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so productive!! Gotta love short work weeks - yay!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo Mondays but at least this week is going to be good with no homework and Good Friday off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow in March just isn't even right......what the hell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you got a lot done this weekend. Snow?!?! Gross, it is sprig mother nature...get it together!!

    I never did the spring break party thing either. I always just picked up extra shifts at my job to make more money for things I wanted and to eat more than ramen noodles for a few weeks haha! The life of a responsible college student. Hope you guys have a great spring break week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on breaking up with Monday... over it! Yes to being productive, I love it but snowing to mess up the drive to work not so great. I actually had a dream it snowed last night - problem with that is I live in AZ!

    ReplyDelete