People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Krispy - Volume - Reflection - Shine on!

I think a lot of the time the post title stops me from writing. It's like I have to do it first, or else I cannot move on... I've said this before - I know I have.

So, unless I have something super catchy, or the post is for a link up - I think the date should be just fine - or perhaps a few choice keywords from the post - so you all can tell what I am going on (and on and on) about.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/3066491/fugees-gif-o.gif
does anyone get the joke?
Someone brought Krispy Kreme donuts in today. So, fruit smoothie & over medium eggs, meet your morning snack companion: Krispy!

Yesterday after work, I felt pretty good, I wanted to get Emry's homework out of the way, and just go to the dojang. When I picked him up from school, I knew it wasn't going to happen. Emry has his last set of molars coming in... and he's all headachey, sore, and well, phlegm-y. So- we stayed home and took it slow.

I fell asleep on the couch watching The Grey - and, I'm glad I never paid money to see this - because it went between INTENSE to ZzZzZzzZzzZZzzzZZZwaitwhathappenedZzzzZzzzzZz. I am a Liam Neeson fan, and always have been... but I think this movie just was wasted on him.

https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1391991235/8484758.gif

So, because I was utterly asleep, I moved myself into my bed, and when my alarm went off - I realized I never showered the night before... what's worse about that is: I never took off my eye makeup from the night before. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... Bare Minerals Mascara - you are a wicked wicked gluey demon. I walked my moose, and then dashed into the shower... even if I use the eye make up remover pads - my thick long lashes require more hydration to remove the rest of the mascara. Finally - I got all the eye make up off - Washed my hair, and had this fun thought that I would try the easy Hair Volumizing trick I read off of Pinterest the day before.

You start with damp hair, add gel/mousse/hair product, then break your hair into 6 sections. Braid each section. Then lightly blow dry until the damp hair is pretty much dry. Right over each braid, use your flat iron. Then once you feel it is 90% dry - turn your hair upside down, finger out each braid - then quickly blow dry on warm. Flip your hair, lightly brush out the top layer so it's not scary looking. . . and you are done. Check out my Instagram today - you can see the difference. It has this wavy, almost teased look. Definitely doubled the volume of my hair. I wonder how long it will last! Usually my hair will lose hold half way through the day. I will keep you posted.

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/beyonce13.gif

This Saturday, is Emry's 8th birthday party - his actual birthday was 6 days ago. The decor is all MineCraft themed - which, I mean seriously, thank you pinterest - these were all crafts that I could accomplish and not FAIL at. SCORE! Emry wanted about 6 or 7 kids at the house, so I found some easy and fun crafts.... They will be decorating T-Shirts with Fabric Markers, and I will be giving them temporary tattoos - and then coloring them in, as to their liking. My co-worker is making him a MineCraft themed cake, and I can't wait to see what it looks like - tune in next week, when I share the pictures from the party!!!!

So - being back - is not as overwhelming as I thought it would be... I wondered this morning, while doing my hair, if I would be able to write again - - - or if the wall would come back up... I am so pleased that I am here again - and that a lot of you came back to read.

For now, I don't know how many link ups I will participate in - or how much I will actually blog - I just want to keep it super casual. I can handle casual right now.

While reading last night - I came across this passage in "The Girl on the Train":

"If I can just learn how to hold on to this feeling, this one I'm having now - if I could just discover how to focus on this happiness, enjoy the moment, not wonder about where the next high is coming from - then everything will be all right."

The character's high - at this moment - is the men she has surrounded herself with over her lifetime. But, these words just struck me. The sat with me and said - this means something. It's as if it was written just for me. I just want to hold on to the happy, not be unaffected by life, but be able to experience the bad, but roll right back into the happy.... That would be a wonderful thing to discover.

Today is rainy - Today is gray - but I am at work in my pink/peach blouse from Old Navy, with my BIG hair... I have my shiny silver flats on. I am fighting back at the gray - I will shine and that is all that matters.

http://sparkleisanattitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Light-and-Dark-with-quote.jpg

What are your plans this Tuesday? 

4 comments:

  1. I think it's important to remember that although holding on to the good feelings is nice (and helpful!), if they do slip away from them, we have the ability to find them again. It might just take some work

    Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm krispy donut ;) I am going to have to go stalk you on Instagram to check out your hair! Let us know how long it held together. My nephew loves MineCraft, you will have to share the pictures here so we can see how it turned out!! And apparently I clearly need to get on board with Girl on a Train. See what I did there... :) Happy St Patty Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want a donut!! Haha! Haven't tried that hair trick before.

    ReplyDelete