People Just as Crazy as Me

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Hashtags and Confessions: Bite me April - Windshield - Yummy - Hair - Disney

So all week I have been talking about  Mother Nature and her April Fools humor. Well - she struck again last night, when our area got 2 inches of snow.... and ice.... I mean seriously, it is SPRING - spring means flowers, and sun - and RAIN... and and oh my LORD, it means WARMTH! #canigetanamen

http://www.bonavistapools.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/april-fools-joke.jpg

On my commute in today, I am riding behind a tractor trailer, and all of a sudden a shiny something-or-other (the technical term) came out of the rig, and slammed into my windshield. Seriously? A beautiful snowflake shaped pattern appeared on my windshield.... #ismyweekoveryet
I have 100% glass coverage, and they'll fix it on Saturday, but jeeez.... #longestweekever

 Last night, via Instagram, I posted a picture of the amazing "Tomato & Green Bean Pesto Salad" that I had on top of a grilled chicken and spinach salad.  I am going to give you the recipe right now! #areyouexcited #healthyistastytoo #eatallthefoods

Tomato & Green Bean Pesto Salad
INGREDIENTS:
2 containers of cherry (or grape tomatoes)
1 red onion chopped
1lb green beans - with ends removed
2 cups fresh basil
4 garlic cloves chopped
2 TBSP Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Olive Oil (I used this)
1/4 Balsamic Vinegar

DIRECTIONS
First, take your cherry tomato containers and empty it into a large bowl. Then, take your chopped onion and place it ALSO in the bowl. (This is going to be wicked easy as you can see). 

Second - We are going to blanch our green beans. This is super easy - you need a big pot filled with water. Bring that water to a rolling, crazy boil - salt the water. Then place the green beans into the water - and cook no more than 2 minutes. Remove all green beans from the water, preferably into a strainer, and rinse quickly with cold cold water. Set aside to dry. 

Third - Place the basil, parmesan, olive oil and balsamic vinegar into a food processor or a small blender. (I used the food processor attachment for my Ninja). Pulse this until it combines well. Once that happens, turn the blender on full blast until the "pesto dressing" is pureed. You may or may not want to add more of the liquid components. Try to keep it equal amounts though. 

Fourth - place cooled blanced green beans in the bowl with the tomatoes and onions. Mix these things together. Pour dressing over all of it. Then stir it up again to coat the veggies. 

Fifth - Place in your refrigerator for a couple hours - then it's ready to eat!

Yes, it is that easy - Yes, the Hot Pepper infused Olive oil is totally worth it - and Yes, everyone in the house LOVES it. #mamaforthewin

 http://gifs.parkermoo.re/yum/dayum.gif

I confess - that I have spent more money on hair care stuff than I have ever before, in my entire life. I have been trying to really do something different with my hair every week. I haven't gotten enough guts to do the funky braids - or twists. But, I have managed to do a messy bun, which looks very cool with my two-toned hair. #girl101 #totallyatomboy #wanttobefabulous

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5stmhpbws1rq0hnm.gif

 http://25.media.tumblr.com/4a514035c595615a3f1b4dac70f72d74/tumblr_miprar2NdN1qaf2xxo1_500.gif

 I also confess, that it makes me very sad that my Emry has decided that he could care less about going back to Disney. In his head, we did everything - where we all know it is impossible to do EVERYTHING there is to do in all of the parks. It has been almost 4 years since we last went. And, I really want to go - but, if he's going to just hate it... what's the point of wasting all that cash??? #stillwanttogo #iwanttoridetherides #imissyoumickeymouse #dontjudgeme

https://33.media.tumblr.com/a04dba56d7df35b24f303cacee85341a/tumblr_n8v2beMQsG1rsadwno1_500.gif

This morning on the radio, I heard a commercial (radio-mercial? what is the correct term) for Toddler Plastic Surgery... rhinoplasty.... remove those cankles... give your baby a new look. And, then there was a phone number given at the end. I am about 100000% certain it was a practical joke by the radio station I was listening to.. but, I still wanted to call and make sure! #aprilfoolsonyou #tooweirdtobefunny

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/23/e1/6e/23e16eb164374abec61cbcc6d480dec9.jpg
this is also #tooweirdtobefunny

I am happy to report that my blood sugar finally normalized around lunchtime yesterday, and today I feel fine. My workout was amazing again, and I think it was just a fluke. #thankgod #hypoglycemiastinks

The following funnies is how I feel about this week thus far:

 http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/218/293/328-i-hate-everything.jpg 

http://allthingsd.com/files/2012/11/is_it_over_yet-380x285.jpg 

http://www.vodkacranberryclooney.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/OverIt.gif 

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/55543673.jpg 

https://crystalrichard.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/tumblr_lj8vktwufe1qbmk0ho1_r1_500.gif  



Happy Wednesday Friends!



5 comments:

  1. Ughhhh I hate when stuff hits my windshield on the interstate!!! And I would be sad about Emry not caring about Disney too! How can you not want to go all the time?? Maybe I say that since I have never been and don't know any better but I am fairly certain I am going to love it and want it all the time...

    Sorry about your snow..it is sunny and 79 here today. *insert evil laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should just take him to Disney anyway. He'll have fun once he gets there.

    Things flying at my windshield give me all the paranoia. Even more than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd go to Disney anyway. We just returned from there and I can't wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, so sorry you had a terrible week! It can be really scary when something gets your windshield- I had a construction truck send a baseball side rock at my window one day and it was horrifying.

    I am the same way when it comes to girl stuff- it takes a lot of effort on my part!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no MORE snow?!?!? Yikes! Thank goodness for 100% glass coverage - that is such a freak thing.. and even though you have the coverage it super sucks to have to take the time to deal with that!

    Ok and I agree- rhinoplasty for toddlers is too weird to be funny!

    ReplyDelete