People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Thursday Thoughts of Intolerance and Ranting

Well - This week has been a running every other day sort of thing - not because I do not want to run, but because life has really gotten in the way. Sunday was due to the poor decision making from Saturday - Tuesday was due to waking up way too late -  And today was due to last nights very aggressive Hapkido class. I have found bruises in places I wasn't sure could bruise. Tylenol is not cutting it - and I am sitting on a heating pad.

Consider me:
http://www.alef.net/ALEFAnimatedGifs/Automotive-Accidents/SevenCarCrash.Gif 

I have 3 or 4 things that I have to get done today - but, I am not in the mood to do them. But, I will probably push through - and then die under my desk. Today is a read a book in the comfiest pajamas you own kind of day. I would be so content if I could just curl up with a book for the rest of the day.

We had to wake Emry up at 6:30am so he could get ready to leave for his 2nd Grade trip to the Bronx Zoo - They wanted the kids at the school at 7:30am, so that the bus could depart at 7:45am. Waking up our son 35 minutes earlier made no one content this morning. Klay and I are sore from HPK and Emry is still in a REM cycle. This resulted in us grunting and whining at each other for the morning. 

http://25.media.tumblr.com/48dc3e36dde5a7890e57b934f78a494a/tumblr_mj007bZYa31rlxafyo1_250.gif 

https://33.media.tumblr.com/5b8d0fd1c04f9900e581e896da365c66/tumblr_mzso5m2Yvu1r9kbj6o1_500.gif  


But, it being Thursday - there is some relief with that. I mean, tomorrow isn't even a full day - that's something, right? And perhaps I can go home and just die relax after I pick up Emry from the school. The buses should return from the field trip around 5p.

I came to the realization yesterday, that I am 
1) Old
2) a Mom
3) Have no tolerance

I read something completely asinine, and began to sing:

http://33.media.tumblr.com/d9247506ba03715bb79e1800b357a555/tumblr_inline_na5qmuGwuX1s1sakc.gif  
http://38.media.tumblr.com/95be0ef1b990a82987e6bb831178544a/tumblr_inline_n2nx6fUu1N1rqn7r0.gif 


You know who you are as a person when you adapt a Disney song to a cursive tirade. Just saying.

But even with all of my low tolerance, my epic amount of soreness - I have made pretty decent choices with my eating. Especially given the fact that I have a box of DELICIOUS chocolate truffles from SPWF (I got 12 of them, and since Friday night, I have eaten 5 - meaning I have shown great restraint) and I also have a box of Dark Chocolate Guinness Truffles that Lissa brought me back from Ireland. Normally, the stress or the pain would lead me straight to the CRAP FOOD. And I would go DEEP. I know I'm getting back on track when this thought occurred to me, and was ignored. Little victories?

I'll leave you with this. Because it is HYSTERICAL

https://what-if.xkcd.com/imgs/a/105/proposal.png



2 comments:

  1. Every day for me could be a curl up in pj's with a book kind of day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you have no clue how happy I am that it is Friday Eve. Even though it feels like it should have been Friday Eve like two days ago. Good job on the eating choices. Let's just hope this 3 day weekend arrives sooner than later, right???

    ReplyDelete