People Just as Crazy as Me

Monday, May 11, 2015

Weekending - Work Overload

Hello friends!

Last week spiraled out of control - and work just overtook all of my time. But let me tell you the highlights about my weekend -

  1. Friday night was just Klay and I - and some pizza hut - watching Wes Craven's New Nightmare.
  2. Saturday early morning I woke up and ran - only 1.71 miles, in a time that I do not even want to write down - but, it's a good place to start, and a mileage I can do on a regular basis.
  3. Saturday was filled with yard work and house work, then there was Sushi with my dad and Emry, followed by this ratchet (yes - using a slang word to describe it - because it's the best word for it) carnival with friends. Emry and his little gal pal Samma both won goldfish - And we were home wicked late.

     
  4.  Sunday - Mother's Day - Early morning run, Car to Mechanic for Oil Change, Prepping food to go to the In-Laws - burning finger and lip on the Balsamic Reduction Splash, Alaska pulling a Houdini by escaping the material tether hubby's parents INSISTED was okay to loop our leash on for outside while we were eating (even though I bought them a steel tether and tie out stake - but hell what do I know), and a tasty meal (with passive aggressive conversation - love spending time with the in-laws). Went to Petco, purchased new leash - Went home, binge watched Game of Thrones (only 2 episodes behind)... and spent the an hour or so reading "The Winter People" 

That really was my weekend - This week will be spent trying to get on top of all the work that was created last week. Also, On Friday we are attending the Steampunk's World Faire, and I will be spending most evenings packing and prepping for that.

I would love to sit here and just type it out and catch up with all of your blogging endeavors, however, I need to prove that the additional workload isn't too much to bear - since on Friday's workday I was basically given a promotion with an impending salary increase - So, need to figure out how to make all of this work.

Happy Monday Friends!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend minus the passive aggressive convo and the disappearing act of the talented Alaska Moose! Sushi sounds so damn good right now. So good. Good luck on your work load this week! I know you can rock it :)

    ReplyDelete