I wish I was able to check in yesterday, and recap our wonderful weekend. However, yesterday was spent with a laptop that didn't want to work - and a water heater that needeth replacing.
Let me quickly sum up the weekend -
Friday evening: Picking out Patio Tile (fun) - B4G (not so fun) - Grocery Shopping (took forever aka: not fun)
Saturday: All day first rehearsal at the NYRF (fun and hot) - Stopped at BBQ (fun) - Melted and died (relaxing)
Sunday: Cleaning - Cooking - More Cooking - Out for lunch - Binge watching Netflix (wonderful)
Monday: Water heater replacement (IE: shelling about a G out of our pockets - had to happen - hated every stinking minute)
Now - here we are at Tuesday. I don't know what it is like by you, however, by me it has been very cold (mid 40's upon waking) and rainy - - - miserably raining. However, I rather it get out of the way now, so that this weekend is sunny and mild. Amen to that.
I think this month is going to be filled with craziness - however, I want to look that in the face and laugh at it. I want to get back to the structured lifestyle that allowed for me to get many things done. One of those things including - exercise on the regular. I have been doing so much better! Running multiple times a week, 2-3 classes of TKD/HPK - but, it is still not what I am used to, nor is it the type of exercise I want to get used to. So - I am going to set myself some Goals for June. I am going with 6 goals, since it is the sixth month.
SIX GOALS FOR JUNE 2015
- Running/Jogging each work day - for 20 minutes.
- 3 Martial Arts Classes a Week (except for the week of testing, which will only be 2).
- 20 minutes (minimum) of reading each day/night
- Practice my instruments two times a week
- Start the Pushup/Squat Challenge (picture found below)
- Research and Prepare Healthy Meals - no more short cuts
Also - I want to feel enriched - I want to really dive into the reading, I had been doing so good, up until I got to the Raising Steam book. I have put that down, and the E-reader procrastination is over. Bring on the literature. My instruments sit neglected, and that isn't why I have them....
And the healthy meals thing - well - it just needs to happen. I started with that goal on May 31, when I prepped the nicest meals for the week. Check out my Instagram during the week to see each lunch/dinner choice.
- Our Protein Choices this week are: Roasted Chicken Tenders and Broiled Salmon
Both were prepared with dry seasonings. And the only oil used was the PAM to spray they pans they were on.
- Our Veggie/Starch Choices are: I roasted individually Green Beans, Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato rounds. Each received their own seasonings.
- Wild card choice: Since it is summer, I really wanted to make a pasta salad. I used eggless whole wheat noodles, broccoli rabe, red onion, cubed smoked mozzarella, and I drizzled olive oil over it. Tastes amazing.
- Refrigerator Staples: We have peaches, mangoes, strawberries, blueberries, Arugula, Spinach, cherry tomatoes and bell peppers. Also in the calcium/protein capacity we have eggs, cheese sticks and prepared chicken salad.
I referenced a pushup/squat challenge above. If you know me, from time to time I look up a monthly challenge - just as something to maintain my focus. I love a good challenge. Why pushups? Because I am horrible at them - and I really need to get over the fear of them. What better way to overcome a fear, than to throw it right in your face. Right? (I'm nuts - I know) - - - And why squats, because my ASS wants to do them. Literally, it's a need.
Here it is - Pin this! Print it out! Who wants to do this with me? Anybody? Bueller?
So - for me - June is a month for Strength, of both mind and body.
What about you guys? What are your goals for this month?