People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Sleepless - Pillow - Rain - Moose

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2014-02/enhanced/webdr05/17/3/anigif_enhanced-28201-1392626820-5.gifWrite something
Delete it
Write something else
Look at it
Delete it



It's not that I have nothing to say it's just, I really can't see where I'm going with the thoughts. It may have something to do with the weather - Gray and Rainy. Again.

https://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7igi8GpwU1rslalpo2_500.gifI also, did not sleep again last night. Or if I did, it wasn't very long, because I am still exhausted. This same exact thing happened last week - and I believe it had something to do with the humidity, but what am I to do? Our house has an AC unit - and each bedroom has a ceiling fan. We don't run the AC unit unless it's a gazillion degrees out, because seriously, my electric bill would sky rocket. But our fans are always on at nighttime.

You know it's really humid out, when your pillows aren't cold when you rest your face against them. And if you're anything like me - there is something oddly comforting about the initial cold feeling of a pillow. And maybe since I am not getting that comfort - maybe it is altering my ability to truly allow myself to relax.

I saw online that there are these "cooling pillows":
Bamboo Luxury Memory Foam Pillow from Bamboo Bliss
Found here


This one is the most appealing of the online finds. The first result was actually an As Seen on TV product known as the Chillow. And even though, sometimes, on a rare occasion, the items on ASoTV live up to their hype, I don't really want to risk that.

There are Sleep number brand cooling pillows - that are over $100. That's not happening either.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxdudsuBO91r8mbqlo1_500.gifSo it appears the above is a cost effective, and most enticing option. The company is known as Dream Weave - and this beauty is on sale for $30 (from $89).  It is made up of 40% bamboo and 60% Polyester - and is supposed to be a very breathable pillow.

Thoughts? Should I splurge $30 on a pillow? Or just start bringing ice packs to bed? haha

And - oddly enough - at work, it's super cold - so, why can't I just sleep here. Joking, I am so joking on that one. UGH. Just want to get a good night's sleep.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4pcl0q59y1qev7jqo2_250.gif

When I got out of bed this morning - it was pouring. Torrential pouring. And Alaska the Moose is not keen on getting her fur wet. Even when most of her is covered by a fancy schmancy rain coat that Husband bought her.

Yes read that again - A doggy rain coat - that the HUSBAND FACE bought her. Such a spoiled moose.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--mhi-iHF5--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/sjtscrdsr2tqx0fehrj3.gifSo - I get her coat on, and I get my rain coat on. I open the door, and she's all Nope Nope Nope Nope. Backing up, and sitting down. She practically shook her head 'No". So, I figured that the rain would stop (hopefully) before Emry got on the bus, and that she would be able to pee before everyone left for the day. I shut the door, take off her rain coat, my rain coat - and then the rain stops. She looked at me, and We ran outside.

Literally - No leash on her - No coat on me - out in to the front yard. And for the record, she walked around the cul-de-sac without a leash and stayed quite close. I only had to call for her once - when she was wondering too far on someone else's property. We got in the house, and the skies opened again. Thank God for quick moving...

I got my run in - Did my Pushup/Squat Challenge Activity for the day - And now am sitting at my desk. Dreading the intense pile of crap I have to do.

So, that's what I am going to do - Send reinforcements if I don't come out from under the papers!

http://www.success.com/sites/default/files/main/articles/After-Layoffs--Drowning-in-Work-ART_0.jpg 

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2014-10/29/17/enhanced/webdr09/anigif_enhanced-buzz-28277-1414619241-28.gif  

http://33.media.tumblr.com/51301c23a9ad9e0528aa58b942c28254/tumblr_inline_nod4rmBRlU1s9fo0f_500.gif

2 comments:

  1. I had purchased a "cooling pillow" from Kohls a few years ago. I feel like it really only felt cool if you didn't use a pillow case. And um, who wants to do that after awhile you know? Also, it got lumpy pretty fast. Wasn't really worth it. But that is just that particular one. It may have been a shitty one, you know? I always hate when I wake up in the morning to rain because I know my dogs wont go outside, especially Mac!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, wonder if those cooling pillows really work! I'd want like a square one - for some reason I find myself turning my pillow so my head is on the end. Odd.

    ReplyDelete